Getting a Python program to run of off a flash drive?

Abethebabe abrahamalrajhi at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 20:32:33 EDT 2010

On Mar 31, 7:00 pm, rantingrick <rantingr... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 31, 5:48 pm, Abethebabe <abrahamalra... at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I wanted to know if there was a way I could get a Python program to
> > run off of my flash drive as soon as the computer (Windows) detected
> > the device?
>
> > For example I could have a a simple program that would create a text
> > document on the computers desktop when my flash drive is detected.
>
> Well i sure hope your intentions are for the forces of good and NOT
> the forces of evil. Anyway the beauty of USB is the fact you can read
> and write to it just like any other file on your harddisc, unlike with
> CD media where you need a CS degree and MS's blessing. So now the
> question really is
>
> """ How do i run a python script when i plug in my flash drive"""?
>
> And thats a good question. Well it's going to involve "something"
> watching and waiting for this (big hint) "event" to happen. Maybe
> something like a "Flash Drive plug in watcher sevice" Do you have any
> experience with win32 programming?

I'm a web programmer and python is my first delve into desktop
programming. I had a rough guesstimation that I'd need to maybe use
wxpython with an API for the flash drive (wasn't sure if hardware had
this, I guess it would be the drivers?)

So do you think wxPython would have the answer I'm looking for? Thanks
for your reply btw