Draft PEP on RSON configuration file format

Patrick Maupin pmaupin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 11:27:34 EST 2010

On Mar 1, 12:39 am, John Nagle <na... at animats.com> wrote:
> Patrick Maupin wrote:
> > All:
>
> > Finding .ini configuration files too limiting, JSON and XML to hard to
> > manually edit, and YAML too complex to parse quickly, I have started
> > work on a new configuration file parser.
>
>     You're not supposed to edit those formats manually.
>
>                                         John Nagle

Opinions on that will vary, and as the saying goes, "everybody is
entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts."

I submit as fact that there are many initialization files in each of
these formats, and I would be willing to place a wager that the
majority of the people on this list have used a text editor to modify
at least one file in this category at least once.

IOW, in my opinion (and it is only an opinion, not a fact), you are
actually helping to make the case that a better format is needed.

Regards,
Pat