Docstrings considered too complicated

BlueBird phil at freehackers.org
Wed Mar 3 04:40:24 EST 2010

On Feb 24, 9:23 pm, Andreas Waldenburger <use... at geekmail.INVALID>
wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> a company that works with my company writes a lot of of their code in
> Python (lucky jerks). I've seen their code and it basically looks like
> this:
>
> """Function that does stuff"""
> def doStuff():
>     while not wise(up):
>         yield scorn
>
> Now my question is this: How do I kill these people without the
> authorities thinking they didn't deserve it?

If they are generating their doc with doxygen, I think it's the right
choice. See:

http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/docblocks.html#pythonblocks

Oops, after a second look, doxygen needs comments before the function,
not doc strings.

Philippe