cpan for python?

John Bokma john at castleamber.com
Wed Mar 3 13:04:39 EST 2010

John Gabriele <jmg3000 at gmail.com> writes:

> On Mar 2, 11:58 pm, John Bokma <j... at castleamber.com> wrote:
>> Lie Ryan <lie.1... at gmail.com> writes:
>> > On 03/03/2010 09:47 AM, TomF wrote:
>>
>> [..]

>> > python have easy_install
>>
>> How easy is it to /remove/ something? ;-) (Last time I checked I read
>> something like "manually remove the .egg"...
>>

> Have a look at [pip](http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/pip). It should
> support uninstalling packages.

Thanks John. However:

  "Known exceptions include pure-distutils packages installed with
  python setup.py install"

I want to remove something that I installed that way (because it's
installation procedure seems to be broken; opensocial) I understand that
this can't be blamed on pip, but it's odd that in this century it's
still hard to install/uninstall modules :-(

--
John Bokma                                                               j3b

Hacking & Hiking in Mexico -  http://johnbokma.com/