Method / Functions - What are the differences?

Bruno Desthuilliers bruno.42.desthuilliers at websiteburo.invalid
Thu Mar 4 05:59:00 EST 2010

Eike Welk a écrit :
> Bruno Desthuilliers wrote:
>> John Posner a écrit :
>>> Done -- see http://wiki.python.org/moin/FromFunctionToMethod
>> Done and well done !-)
>> Thanks again for the good job John.
>
> I like it too, thanks to both of you!
>
> I have two small ideas for improvement:
> - Swap the first two paragraphs. First say what it is, and then give the
> motivation.

Mmm... As far as I'm concerned, I like it the way its. John ?

> - The section about the descriptor protocol is a bit difficult to
> understand.

I may eventually try to rework it a bit when I'll have time (death march
here currently, duh...)

> But judging from the official descriptor documentation, it seems
> to be hard to explain

Not that easy, indeed. I once posted on c.l.py a longer explanation of
the whole lookup rule stuff, that IIRC included a "naive python
implementation" example. Might be worth trying to google for it and
turning it into another "overview" article.

>: The official documentation is nearly incomprehensible
> (IMHO).

I should probably have a look at it !-)