Anything like "Effective Java" for Python?

mk mrkafk at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 12:28:04 EST 2010

kj wrote:

> Subject line pretty much says it all: is there a book like "Effective
> Java" for Python.  I.e. a book that assumes that readers are
> experienced programmers that already know the basics of the language,
> and want to focus on more advanced programming issues?

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Dive Into Python:

http://diveintopython.org/

Available for free online. Most Python books contain a lot of 'hello
world' material which for someone who knows at least one programming
language is boring, this one doesn't, it cuts straight to the point. I
found it very readable.

Regards,
mk