Python, Reportlabs, Pil and Windows 7 (64bit)

Martin v. Loewis martin at v.loewis.de
Fri Mar 12 02:31:42 EST 2010

> I’m sorry everyone. I didn’t realise I had installed the 64-bit
> version of Python. Well, at least someone else might find have the
> same problem. But I think that there is going to be a bit of a rough
> patch as everyone moves over to 64-bit.

Expect that move to take a few more years. 64-bit CPUs were introduced
more than ten years ago (e.g. Alpha, in 1992), and only slowly reach
"the masses". People typically still don't have more than 4GiB of memory
in their desktop PCs or laptops, so users who do install 64-bit
operating systems on such hardware are still early adaptors.

Regards,
Martin