python to exe

Sat Mar 13 01:47:47 EST 2010

On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 22:26:34 -0600, John Bokma wrote:

> Gabriel Genellina <gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar> writes:
>
>> On 13 mar, 00:26, Robin <rob... at cnsp.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Does anyone know of a good python to stand alone exe compiler?
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/yfcfzz4
>
> Wow, pathetic fuck. You don't have to post you know.

Gabriel is one of the more helpful and newbie-friendly of the frequent
posters on this newsgroup. Even if his actions were worthy of your abuse
(and they aren't), he gets at least one Get Out Of Jail Free card for his
long-term helpfulness.

Speaking as somebody who finds Let Me Google That For You to be tiresome
and not at all amusing, nevertheless I support Gabriel's actions. By
merely giving Robin the answer, Robin doesn't learn how to find out the
answer to simple questions himself, and by rewarding his laziness, we
make a rod for our own back.

As the old proverb goes: give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day.
Teach him how to fish, and he has food forever.

I'm an old-fashioned kind of guy, and don't like LMGTFY because it is
tiresome and requires Javascript. I prefer:

Google is your friend:

http://www.google.com/search?q=python+standalone+exe

Oh, and Robin, since you have apparently already tried py2exe and found
it doesn't work on Windows 7, you should have said so from the start,
instead of wasting everyone's time.

--
Steven