Python, Reportlabs, Pil and Windows 7 (64bit)

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Mon Mar 15 05:58:59 EDT 2010

On 12/03/2010 19:29, "Martin v. Löwis" wrote:
>> Not sure if this is a bug
>
> I think it is. It seems that the cross-build support in msvc9compiler
> has been tested only in a build tree of Python (where there is no Libs
> directory).

This minor patch seems to fix the problem for me (using a PCBuild folder
parallel to libs)

C:\Python\Lib\distutils\command>diff build_ext.py.orig build_ext.py
207c207,209
<                 self.library_dirs.append(new_lib)
---
 >                     self.library_dirs.insert(0,new_lib)
 >                 else:
 >                     self.library_dirs.append(new_lib)

> For released copies of Python, I could change that to distribute the
> AMD64 pythonXY.lib in libs/amd64. [FWIW, I'm still puzzled why I ship
> the import libraries of all the pyd files as well - I can't see a reason
> other than tradition]. Then, distutils should change to look it up there.

Just checked and all the pyd's seem only to export the xxx_init functions
(sometimes there are two in the pyd) so the .libs do seem a bit redundant.

--
Robin Becker