dll in project?

Alex Hall mehgcap at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 07:28:11 EDT 2010

On 3/15/10, Ulrich Eckhardt <eckhardt at satorlaser.com> wrote:
> Alex Hall wrote:
>> I have a dll I am trying to use, but I get a Windows error 126, "the
>> specified module could not be found". Here is the code segment:
>> nvdaController=ctypes.windll.LoadLibrary("nvdaControllerClient32.dll")
>
> In addition to Alf's answer, this can also happen when the OS can't find
> another DLL that this one depends on.

Well, os.getcwd() returns "c:\python26", not my program's directory.
However, I changed the reference to the dll to be
helpers.progdir+'\\nvdaControllerClient32.dll'
and still no luck! helpers.progdir is a var holding the top-level
directory of my project, using os.path. Again, using this more precise
reference still fails, triggering my except statement in my try/catch
loop.