Converting Python CGI to WSGI scripts

Sebastian Bassi sbassi at clubdelarazon.org
Wed Mar 17 01:22:49 EDT 2010

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 2:18 PM,  <python at bdurham.com> wrote:
> I have a few dozen simple Python CGI scripts.
> Are there any advantages or disadvantages to rewriting these CGI scripts as
> WSGI scripts?

It depends of the script. WSGI should be faster since you don't start
a Python instance for each call (as in CGI).

--
Sebastián Bassi. Diplomado en Ciencia y Tecnología.

Curso de Python en un día: http://bit.ly/cursopython
Python for Bioinformatics: http://tinyurl.com/biopython

Non standard disclaimer: READ CAREFULLY. By reading this email,
you agree, on behalf of your employer, to release me from all
obligations and waivers arising from any and all NON-NEGOTIATED
agreements, licenses, terms-of-service, shrinkwrap, clickwrap,
browsewrap, confidentiality, non-disclosure, non-compete and
acceptable use policies ("BOGUS AGREEMENTS") that I have
entered into with your employer, its partners, licensors, agents and
assigns, in perpetuity, without prejudice to my ongoing rights and
privileges. You further represent that you have the authority to release
me from any BOGUS AGREEMENTS on behalf of your employer.