import antigravity

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Thu Mar 18 07:31:46 EDT 2010

Jussi Piitulainen wrote:
> Alf P. Steinbach writes:
>
>> The point is, if he's upset about Chris quoting that, then he's
>> probably unaware that he's posting it in plaintext himself.
>
> The complaint was not about quoting but about using in public. Chris
> sent his piece to three addresses. From his headers, redacted:
>
>    Newsgroups: comp.lang.python
>    To: "Lawrence D'Oliveiro" <ldo at geek-central.gen.[REDACTED]>
>    Cc: python-list at python.org
>
> Can we stop importing red herrings now?

Surely the point of such an obvious obfuscation is that humans can
de-obfuscate is easily. The fact that it was then used in an open
newsgroup communication is just part of the shit that happens every day.

Complaining to Chris's ISP is unlikely to be anything other than a waste
of time. Drawing attention to it the way Lawrence did is much more
likely to draw attention to it that simply gracefully letting it pass.

Lawrence, if you are so worried perhaps you should consider not using
e-mail any more. It's clearly too dangerous to suit you.

regards
 Steve
See PyCon Talks from Atlanta 2010  http://pycon.blip.tv/