Revisiting Generators and Subgenerators

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Thu Mar 25 20:23:39 EDT 2010

On 25Mar2010 14:39, Winston <winstonw at stratolab.com> wrote:
| Here's my proposal again, but hopefully with better formatting so you
| can read it easier.

Having quickly read the Abstract and Motivation, why is this any better
than a pair of threads and a pair of Queue objects? (Aside from
co-routines being more lightweight in terms of machine resources?)

On the flipside, given that generators were recently augumented to
support coroutines I can see your motivation within that framework.

Cheers,
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

C makes it easy for you to shoot yourself in the foot.  C++ makes that
harder, but when you do, it blows away your whole leg.
- Bjarne Stroustrup