Create a class at run-time

I V ivlenin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 21:53:04 EDT 2010

On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 15:00:35 -0700, Michel wrote:
> I'm trying to dynamically create a class. What I need is to define a
> class, add methods to it and later instantiate this class. Methods need
> to be bound to the instance though, and that's my problem. Here is what
> I have so far:

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by binding methods to the instance.
Do you mean you need to dynamically add methods to a specific instance?
Or that you need to add methods to a class, such that they can be invoked
on specific instances? For the latter, just do:

TestClass.test_foo = test_foo

For the former, try:

tc = TestClass()
tc.test_foo = types.MethodType(test_foo, tc)