Have you embraced Python 3.x yet?

Nobody nobody at nowhere.com
Fri Mar 26 13:38:58 EDT 2010

On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 13:23:25 +0000, Harishankar wrote:

> Have you people embraced Python 3.x or still with 2.5 or 2.6?

Still with 2.6, and probably will be indefinitely.

I use Python mostly for Unix scripting: the kind of task which would
traditionally have used Bourne shell. For that purpose, life is much
simpler when everything is byte strings rather than character strings.

If I was doing the same thing on Windows, Python 3.x would probably make
more sense, as all of the OS APIs use Unicode (although there's still a
hell of a lot of software written using the "ANSI" interfaces; my
AppLocale folder has over a hundred entries).