HTTP server + SQLite?

Gilles Ganault nospam at nospam.com
Mon May 3 03:46:05 EDT 2010

Hello

I'd like to build a prototype that will combine a web server as
front-end (it must support GZIPping data to the remote client when
there are a lot of data to return), and SQLite as back-end, call the
server from a VB.Net application, and see how well this works. I want
to see if performance is significantly lower than using a server that
uses a binary protocol.

I'm no Python expert, so would appreciate any information on how to
combine a web server and SQLite into a single Python application. This
is just for a proof-of-concept, so it doesn't need to be
shipping-quality.

Thank you for any hint.