How to check when OCRing is finished

varnikat t varnikat22 at gmail.com
Mon May 3 11:44:48 EDT 2010

Hi,
How to check if OCR engine  like cuneiform,ocropus,ocrad OCRing an image has
completed the job if running it from a  python program?

I am using a progress bar on the front end to show the OCRing progress
happening in background but how to stop progress bar automatically when
OCRing is done.

As of now, I am just running the timer for a few seconds (considering the
maximum time taken by ocropus and for high resolution image) but then the
OCRing time varies for different engines and different images.Some take less
and some take more.

Any solutions?

Regards
Varnika Tewari