Sharing a program I wrote

James Harris james.harris.1 at googlemail.com
Wed May 5 10:29:16 EDT 2010

On 5 May, 04:25, Scott <scott.freem... at gmail.com> wrote:
> James,
>
> Thanks for the comprehensive reply. I would like to post it to
> comp.lang.python but the main file is 169 lines long and the file for
> functions is 316 lines long. I'm thinking that is a little long for
> this format.

You're welcome. Yes, it sounds a bit long for a direct post. In
general, comments are more forthcoming on smaller pithier code
fragments.

> Maybe I can put them up on a basic web page or file
> sharing site and just post a link. Is that well received on this
> forum?

I can't answer for how it would be received here but once you have
addressed any Python issues you may want to let folks on either or
both of

  comp.dcom.sys.cisco
  comp.dcom.net-management

know about your utility.