Looking for a gettext and/or Babel tutorial for Windows

python at bdurham.com python at bdurham.com
Wed May 5 23:20:10 EDT 2010

I'm looking for a gettext and/or Babel tutorial for Windows. Any
suggestions?

Specific topics I'm interested in:
1. Understanding the full life cycle of PO/POT and MO files from
their initial creation to their ongoing maintenance (under
Windows)

2. Automating the use of pygettext and msgfmt.py (or their GNU
gettext equivalents) to update PO and MO files (under Windows)

3. Where to store my MO files (under Windows) - is there a best
practice location for these files?

In the absence of a tutorial, I'm open to looking at source code
and/or batch/command/script/make files.

Thanks,
Malcolm