Is Python a functional programming language?

Samuel Williams space.ship.traveller at gmail.com
Mon May 10 08:24:22 EDT 2010

Dear Friends,

Is Python a functional programming language?

Is this a paradigm that is well supported by both the language syntax and the general programming APIs?

I heard that lambdas were limited to a single expression, and that other functional features were slated for removal in Python 3... is this the case or have I been misinformed?

Finally, even if Python supports functional features, is this a model that is used often in client/application code?

Kind regards,
Samuel