encoding issue (cp720)

M. Bashir Al-Noimi mbnoimi at gmx.com
Wed May 12 04:43:27 EDT 2010

Hi All,

I'm still a newbie in Python (I started learn it yesterday)  and I faced
a huge problem cuz python always crashes because of encoding issue!

> Fatal Python error: Py_Initialize: can't initialize sys standard streams
> LookupError: unknown encoding: cp720

so I filed a bug report
<http://bugs.python.org/issue8693?@ok_message=msg%20105576%20created%3Cbr%3Eissue%208693%20message_count%2C%20messages%20edited%20ok&@template=item>
about it but I couldn't find a solution for this problem so could you
please help me to run python correctly?

*Note:*

    * I'm using: Windows XP SP3 32Bit, Python 3.1.2
    * I tried to copy cp720.py
      <http://svn.python.org/view/python/trunk/Lib/encodings/cp720.py>
      to Python31\Lib\encodings but it didn't fix the issue and gives me
      an error message (see attachment plz)

--
Best Regards
Muhammad Bashir Al-Noimi