Do any debuggers support "edit and continue?"

Joel Koltner zapwireDASHgroups at yahoo.com
Wed May 12 18:03:36 EDT 2010

"Phlip" <phlip2005 at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:c014ae9f-99d8-4857-a3f7-e6ac16e45250 at e34g2000pra.googlegroups.com...
>Are you implying, after an edit, you need to start a program again,
>then enter several user inputs, to navigate back to the place where
>you hit the syntax error? (WxWidgets noted - props!)

Pretty much, yeah... Realistically, we're probably talking less than a minute
each time, so objectively it's not really a big deal -- it's just different
than what I'm used to so I'm noticing it more. :-)

I guess what I'm realizing here is that one of the upsides of compiled
languages is that they'll (usually) catch most typos before your program even
runs!