Human word reader

Xavier Ho contact at xavierho.com
Sat May 15 07:12:33 EDT 2010

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 9:02 PM, timo verbeek <timoverbeek10 at gmail.com>wrote:

> I'm planning to create a human word program

<snip>

> I need help with getting the useful information how do I get the place
> if I don't now how long the string is?
>
> Boy, that is a very hard problem. Are the inputs restricted to anything?
English only? Can the human user type in *anything*?

You need to have a very, very good set of heruistics and deterministic
functions to do that.

What have you got so far?

-

Otherwise,

"How do I get the position of a known word in a string if the length if
unknown?"

>>> input = 'Give me the weather for London please.'
>>> input.find('weather')
12

Cheers,
Xav