Installing Lightweight Python

Nima nima.irt at gmail.com
Mon May 17 12:12:32 EDT 2010

I'd like to install python on an embedded system. It's a powerful x86-
based computer with the only limitation of having a small-size flash
ROM as its secondary storage. So there is no hard drive and the system
is booted from the flash memory.
The operating system, BusyBox (a flavor of Linux), and other
applications occupy most of the flash memory. As the subject implies,
Python isn't already installed on the box. I tried to compile/install
python on a Linux box which roughly took 60MB of the memory. The
maximum amount of Flash memory I'm permitted to use is about 10-20 MB.
Is there a light-weight implementation of python which I could use? Is
there a way to remove unnecessary modules?
BTW,
+ I'm supposed to write a web management interface for this system
(using python).
+ I know how to use Google!
+ I'm a newbie, so please be gentle :)