Reading data from a Microsoft Access 2003 database

Jimoid jimmy.cullen at gmail.com
Wed May 19 05:28:15 EDT 2010

Hi All,

I use Ubuntu 64 bit and need to develop a programme (ideally in
Python) to work on data that is contained in a Microsoft Access 2003
database. I do not need to modify the database, simply read a few
columns of data from some tables.

Google hasn't been able to offer me a suitable solution to this
problem, and although there are some references to this problem in the
archives of this group, they are mainly very old and I wonder if there
is anything more recent that members could suggest to me?

Python would be my language of choice, however if someone has any
other suggestions then I'm open to ideas.

TIA,

Jimmy