intervall of about 1 second for xmlrpc calls?

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Thu May 20 16:58:03 EDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-05-20 at 22:46 +0200, News123 wrote:
> Hi Adam,
> Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
> >> Obviously there's a problem with "localhost". When using the IP of my
> >> machine everything is working fast.
> I think you're right.
> localhost  with IPV6 was also a problem for me. At least it was for me
> on a windows 7 host.
> I 'solved' the problem by disabling IPV6, but this is a workaround, not
> a proper solution.
> > You box may first be trying to connect to ::1 (ipv6) and when that fails
> > it falls back to 127.0.0.1.  Make sure IPv6 is properly
> > configured/enabled and try the script again.
> Do you know why the default config of IPV6 could be wrong on a windows
> 7 host?

No.  This would seem to have something to do with the resolver.  If you
do a nslookup for localhost what does it say.

> Having no experience with IPV6:

Have lots, it's really nice.  Once you get most things cut over.

> How should it be configured?
> How to detect issues?

Does nslookup localhost return the correct result?  That might depend on
your DNS server - not your local host.

Also "ping ::1"?
--
Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam at whitemice.org> LPIC-1, Novell CLA