Another "Go is Python-like" article.

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Fri May 21 11:30:11 EDT 2010

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 11:20 PM, Grant Edwards <invalid at invalid.invalid> wrote:
> In a recent Reg article, there's yet more yammering on about how Go is
> somehow akin to Python -- referring to Go as a "Python-C++" crossbreed.
>
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/05/20/go_in_production_at_google/
>
> I still don't get it.
>
> What about Go, exactly, do people see as Phython-like?

I guess the type system without a strict hierarchy, as well as very
fast compilation enabling fast iteration. Granted, a lot of languages
have those features nowadays, and I doubt anyone would speaks about it
if it was not where it was coming from. The fact that google feels the
need to create a new system programming language is maybe the most
interesting fact of it ?

cheers,

David