First script. Need some help

Dave Angel davea at ieee.org
Thu May 27 16:11:24 EDT 2010

ledpepper wrote:
> #Enter in firstname.lastname (bob.smith)
> #Count the amount of letters(x) and vowels(y)
> #Then work out if bob is > but not equal to 6 letters
> #If firstname is less than 6 print firstnamesurnamexy
> #If firstname is equal to or greater than 6 print firstnamexy
> #Copy result to clipboard
>
> http://codepad.org/Emzpix3H
>
> I think you can see what i'm trying to do here. I will definitely
> elaborate if anyone needs me to.
>
> Thanks

Why bother using codepad for this?  The problem occurs parsing the 3rd
line, so you only needed that and the traceback.

Have you installed the Win32 extensions?  If you think you have, can you
find the file ?

C:\ProgFiles\Python26\Lib\site-packages\win32\win32clipboard.pyd

Naturally, your install directory may be different.  But it should be in
the site-packages directory, which is where add-ons are installed.

DaveA