Picking a license

Patrick Maupin pmaupin at gmail.com
Thu May 13 23:43:44 EDT 2010

On May 13, 10:04 pm, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l... at geek-
central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:
> In message <mailman.142.1273767256.32709.python-l... at python.org>, Ed Keith
> wrote:
>
> > The claim is being made that [the GPL] restricts freedom.
>
> What about the “freedom” to restrict other people’s freedom? Should that be
> restricted or not?

It's interesting that some people don't like the comparison of the
Free Software movement to a religion, yet the main argument of the
movement, and the deliberate co-opting of words like "Free" and "Free
Software" are done in an attempt to guilt others into accepting RMS's
vision of morality.

He's perfectly welcome have that vision.  But I don't let it affect my
own moral compass -- I reject it as just another post-modern religion,
AKA cult.

Regards,
Pat