Do any debuggers support "edit and continue?"

Sat May 15 07:47:39 EDT 2010

In message <cMBGn.281180$Up1.207371 at en-nntp-09.dc1.easynews.com>, Joel
Koltner wrote:

> Just curious... in Microsoft's Visual Studio (and I would presume some
> other tools), for many languages (both interpreted and compiled!) there's
> an "edit and conitnue" option that, when you hit a breakpoint, allows you
> to modify a line of code before it's actually executed.

Microsoft’s Visual Studio also has a reputation as a bloated and resource-
hungry study in software obesity.

Coincidence? Not if you can come up with a better example of the feature
you’re touting as so wonderful...