[Beginer Question] I heard about python needing some sort of_VariableName_ boiler plate?

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Mon Nov 1 00:51:42 EDT 2010

bradenf at hotmail.com writes:

> Sorry, to clarify I heard that when you declare a variable in python
> you have to use some sort of standard boiler plate _variable_ however
> this has not been my experience using IDLE so is this even true?

I don't know what “some sort of boiler plate _variable_” might mean.

Can you point to someone's actual message saying this, so we can see
what they might be talking about?

--
 \        “With Lisp or Forth, a master programmer has unlimited power |
  `\     and expressiveness. With Python, even a regular guy can reach |