Compare source code

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Mon Nov 1 18:24:03 EDT 2010

On 2010-11-01, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <ldo at geek-central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:
> In message <8j8am4Fk2jU1 at mid.individual.net>, Peter Pearson wrote:
>>
>>>     diff -b oldfile newfile
>>
>> Warning: "diff -b" won't detect changes in indentation.  Changes in
>> indentation can change a Python program.
>
> I'm getting less and less keen on that particular feature of Python...

Why?

Other languages have similar problems if you remove salient bits of
syntax before comparing two source files files.

For exmaple, if you remove all of the curly-braces from two C source
files before comparing them, you don't get useful results.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I'm continually AMAZED
                                  at               at th'breathtaking effects