Python documentation too difficult for beginners

Bruno Desthuilliers bruno.42.desthuilliers at websiteburo.invalid
Tue Nov 2 16:28:28 CET 2010

jk a écrit :
> Hi,
> I've been coding in PHP and Java for years, and their documentation is
> concise, well structured and easy to scan.
> Others have mentioned this apparently for years (see:
> and
> and

Totally unrelated, but the last example is nothing but a reference -
xahlee is one of the worst internet troll ever.

> Compare for instance the differences in ease of use, and speed of use,
> of these:

Sorry but as far as I'm concerned, PHP doc sucks big time, and I find
Javadoc-style stuff close to useless.

> Has anyone else struggled while trying to learn the language?

Not as far as I'm concerned. I found Python the easiest language to
learn right from the beginning. Not to say the doc couldn't be improved,
or that alternate documentations could help, but I never had any problem
with it.