Compare source code

Emile van Sebille emile at
Tue Nov 2 19:18:50 CET 2010

On 11/2/2010 10:58 AM Seebs said...
> No, they aren't.  See... That would work *if I knew for sure what the intent
> was*.
> 	if foo:
> 	    bar
> 	else:
> 	    baz
> 	    quux
> Does it look right?  We have *no idea*, because we don't actually know
> whether quux was *intended* to be in the else branch or whether that's a typo.

What is right is that there's no question that quux is subsequent to baz
in all cases barring exceptions (and assuming no tabs intermixed)

The apparent structure in python _is_ the structure, whereas otherwise
you've got to count your ;'s and {}'s etc to determine and verify the
structure matches the apparent structure provided by the programmer.

Whether that's what the specs called for or not is always a source for bugs.