Python documentation too difficult for beginners

Cameron Simpson cs at
Wed Nov 3 22:03:37 CET 2010

On 02Nov2010 04:23, jk <sanjo_ie at> wrote:
| This ( is what I'm talking
| about.
| Why aren't the official docs like this, and why has it taken me 2 days
| of searching? All this needs is a search engine behind it and it'd be
| perfect.

It looks a lot like javadoc. But its weakness is stuff like this:

Automatic docness, no useful information.

And of course the ugliness; I find the python docs much nicer to look
at. But I do wish the cross referencing was a bit better, often.
Cameron Simpson <cs at> DoD#743

In an insane society, the sane man must appear insane.
        - Keith A. Schauer <keith at>