What people are using to access this mailing list

QoS email at invalid.net
Wed Nov 3 21:49:43 EDT 2010

Jed Smith <jed at jedsmith.org> wrote in message-id:  <mailman.567.1288801234.2218.python-list at python.org>

> On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 4:02 AM, John Bond <lists at asd-group.com> wrote:
> > My normal inbox is getting unmanageable, and I think I need to find a new way
> > of following this and other lists.
>
> I have to second (or third) the Gmail suggestion. I use Google Apps
> against my domain, and the Gmail interface is frightfully good at
> creating filters. For example, on most lists (particularly Mailman), I
> can hit "Filter messages like this", and Gmail automatically harvests
> the List header and writes a filter for it.
>
> I just prefer the Gmail philosophy to mail, with tags that are *like*
> folders but not really.

Just in case the client may not display the headers, fyi:

If gmail is what you used to post this reply then your client is broken somewhat.

Your client did not post using a well-formed references header and so your
post may/should not be grouped properly with the OP.

Here is what your client determined the references to be, you will se it has
no reference to the original posting.

Below is a reply from someone using a well crafted client, this reply is certain to be
organized by other clients in the same thread:

Hth