Compare source code

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Thu Nov 4 14:43:13 CET 2010

On 2010-11-04, Seebs <usenet-nospam at> wrote:
> On 2010-11-04, Steven D'Aprano <steve-REMOVE-THIS at> wrote:
>> And people have suggested that if your workflow leads to indentation
>> being mangled and your source code no longer running, the solution is to
>> change the workflow.
> Yup.
> But it strikes me as unmistakably a shortcoming of Python (and Makefiles,
> for that matter) that code for them can't survive a common failure mode
> that everything else I use can.

I think the issue is that for whatever reason, white-space mangling is
"a common failure mode" for you.  I don't ever remember it happening
to me.  If whitespace mangling is common for you, then you just
shouldn't be using Python any more than somebody who works on a system
that randomly changes/deletes the strings "begin" and "end" should be
using Pascal.

Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! PEGGY FLEMMING is
                                  at               stealing BASKET BALLS to
                                feed the babies in VERMONT.