Best method for a menu in a command line program?

Ned Deily nad at
Thu Nov 4 20:12:01 CET 2010

In article <87wrotfhj2.fsf at>,
 Ben Finney <ben+python at> wrote:
> brf256 at writes:
> > Thanks again,
> > Braden Faulkner
> >
> > Sent wirelessly from my BlackBerry device on the Bell network.
> > Envoyé sans fil par mon terminal mobile BlackBerry sur le réseau de Bell.
> Please show your thanks by *not* spamming the forum with each message;
> compose your messages from a mail client that doesn't feel the need to
> blather about itself in the message body.
> --
>  \       “For fast acting relief, try slowing down.” —Jane Wagner, via |
>   `\                                                       Lily Tomlin |
> Ben Finney

If I were a rude person, I might observe that "spamming" is relative:
some who obsess about "spam" might consider 2 lines less of an evil than
5 lines.

But I'm not, so I won't.

 Ned Deily,
 nad at