Compare source code

Seebs usenet-nospam at
Thu Nov 4 22:54:56 CET 2010

On 2010-11-04, Terry Reedy <tjreedy at> wrote:
> I am sorry you feel compelled to use a language you so dislike. Not our
> fault though.

I don't dislike it all that much.  What I dislike is being told that the
problems don't exist.

> If you add the normally redundant information in the form of explicit
> dedents (anything starting with '#' and distinguishable from normal
> comments), then it is not too hard to re-indent even after all indents
> have been removed. I believe this has been dome more than once. By using
> a stylized comment, the augmented code runs without preprocessing. I
> also believe at lease one person has written a preprocessor for
> 'python-with-braces'.

Yes.  They did this because there is no reason that anyone would ever
prefer it or find some benefit to it, of course.

Copyright 2010, all wrongs reversed.  Peter Seebach / usenet-nospam at <-- lawsuits, religion, and funny pictures <-- get educated!