How to get dynamically-created fxn's source?

Emile van Sebille emile at fenx.com
Fri Nov 5 13:32:18 EDT 2010

On 11/5/2010 9:55 AM gb345 said...

> In any case, the problem remains of how to extract the
> dynamically-generated function's source code.

Are you looking for the source code of the dynamically created wrapper
function (effectively the piece that calls the original function) or of
the wrapped function?  (the piece that ultimately gets called?)

I'm pretty sure you can't get source from the executable function
(python 2.x anyway), but with your naming scheme, it may be possible to
trace into the wrapped function's source.

Emile