Compare source code

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 18:12:54 EST 2010

On 11/06/2010 02:27 AM, Seebs wrote:
> On 2010-11-06, Steve Holden <steve at holdenweb.com> wrote:
>> If someone were to use a text editor which had always historically
>> mangled whitespace I would find myself wondering why they found it
>> necessary to restrict themselves to such stone-age tools.
>
> I have yet to find an editor that allows me to, well, *edit*, more
> comfortably than vi.

Indeed vi (or in my case, vim) works wonderfully well with python.  I
always use the following vim settings on python files:

set sw=4
set ts=8
set softtabstop=4
set expandtab
set ai

If you set up a conditional thing in your vimrc to enable these settings
for python files, you shouldn't have any more tab problems.