Commercial or Famous Applicattions.?

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Tue Nov 9 10:53:42 EST 2010

On 2010-11-09, Jorge Biquez <jbiquez at icsmx.com> wrote:

> Can you mention applications/systems/solutions made with Python that
> are well known and used by public in general? ANd that maybe we do
> not know they are done with Python?

I'm not sure how much the "public in general" knows about it, but one
I ran across recently is OpenERP:

  http://www.openerp.com/

It's a complete CRM/purchasing/HR/Accouting/Inventory/etc. system for
businesses.

Other programs I've used that I noticed were written in Python:

 Freevo (PVR/DVR HTPC media center)

 bittorrent (the original apps)

 RedHat's installer and some admin utils.

 Gentoos "emerge" build system.

 meld (source code diff/merge tool)

 skencil (vector drafting program)

 bitpim (cellphone data synch app)

 PyNeighborhood (network neighborhood browser)

I'm sure there are dozens more that I've used and never realized they
were written in Python.

Last time I checked IBM/Lenovo computers all came with Python
installed, since some of the pre-installed admin/maintenance stuff is
written in Python.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Are we live or on
                                  at               tape?