Silly newbie question - Caret character (^)

Tue Nov 9 23:11:29 EST 2010

In message <slrnidhvpr.hb4.usenet-nospam at guild.seebs.net>, Seebs wrote:

> In particular, he's very good at making up complications from whole cloth
> which aren't really problems, and then offering "solutions" which show
> people a clever trick to work around the problem.  (e.g., his elaborate
> revelations about how to use feof() in C to work around his failure to
> understand how EOF works.)

What was sad to me to read <http://www.seebs.net/c/c_tcn4e.html> was this
phrase of yours:

    ... but rather, takes the shortest path to something that won't get
    those complaints anymore ...

To me, this is the sign of someone who doesn’t really enjoy what they do.
Because somebody who cares about what they do would take the trouble to get
it right. But if he can’t be bothered, why does he keep doing it? There must
be more pleasant ways of getting a meal ticket...