How to test if a module exists?

Tim Chase python.list at
Thu Nov 11 02:24:22 CET 2010

> In message<mailman.780.1289326087.2218.python-list at>, Jon
> Dufresne wrote:
>> Lawrence D'Oliveiro <ldo at> wrote:
> I see that you published my unobfuscated e-mail address on USENET for all to
> see. I obfuscated it for a reason, to keep the spammers away. I'm assuming
> this was a momentary lapse of judgement, for which I expect an apology.
> Otherwise, it becomes grounds for an abuse complaint to your ISP.

Amusingly, as others have noted, you replied with an unobfuscated
email address.  However, I suspect that if you file a complaint
with Jon's ISP, they'll laugh at your complaint just like my ISP
did when you complained to them[1].  My ISP contact's response
pretty much boiled down to "yeah, I was pretty certain he was
just being a tool, but I wanted to follow up to make sure" and
sharing a laugh with me at your expense.

Try spending your time learning to really obfuscate or finding a
tool to better handle spam, instead of wasting your time (even if
it's just firing off the same idiotic email template) being a
tool about it.