Question on using urllib

Olivier Scalbert olivier.scalbert at
Thu Nov 11 17:58:28 CET 2010

Hello all,

Sorry if this question is not 100% python related, it is also related to
http or html ...

Everything takes place in this page:

With the following program, I can download the 2 small meteo images,
without any problem:

import urllib

But I would like to download the main background picture.

By looking inside the html page, it seems it's url is:

Warning, the iid may vary depending time ...

I try to download it with python:
But then I receive only 2 bytes: CR LF I think.

If I use this url with my browser (firefox), I also get nothing (a blank
If I go back to the main page with the firebug plugin activated, I can
change the iid directly inside the html code with firebug, and then,
even previous pictures can be displayed ...

So I am a bit lost ... Any help would be very appreciate !!