is there an Python equivalent for the PHP super globals like $_POST, $_COOKIE ?

Steve Holden steve at
Thu Nov 11 19:01:01 CET 2010

On 11/11/2010 9:22 AM, Stef Mientki wrote:
> hello,
> finally got Python running at my server.
> Now I would like to replace the PHP server scripts with Python ( for easier maintenance).
> But I can't find how th get to PHP's equivalent of $_Post and $_Cookie ?
> Google finds lots of links, but I can't find the answer.
> thanks,
> Stef Mientki

Moving from one language to anther is not just a matter of
transliterating the code. Of you try that you will end up with a messy
code base that looks like PHP written in Python.

PyCon 2011 Atlanta March 9-17
See Python Video!
Holden Web LLC