is there an Python equivalent for the PHP super globals like $_POST, $_COOKIE ?

r0g aioe.org at technicalbloke.com
Thu Nov 11 15:02:05 EST 2010

On 11/11/10 14:22, Stef Mientki wrote:
> hello,
>
> finally got Python running at my server.
>
> Now I would like to replace the PHP server scripts with Python ( for easier maintenance).
>
> But I can't find how th get to PHP's equivalent of $_Post and $_Cookie ?
> Google finds lots of links, but I can't find the answer.
>
> thanks,
> Stef Mientki

PHP only tends to be run one way, the mod_php Apache module. There's
several ways run python in conjunction with a webserver like apache:
mod_wsgi, mod_python, CGI and FastCGI. I've never really looked into
this way of doing things but I guess the details are going to vary
depending on which one you use.

It's also not uncommon for python to actually BE the webserver too,
there's lots of webserver modules for python, cherrypy is fairly simple
and well regarded. Often you can proxy these through Apache to get the
benefits of both although again, that's not an approach I've used so I
can't really advise you further.

Roger.