How to test if a module exists?

Dave Angel davea at ieee.org
Thu Nov 11 17:01:27 EST 2010

On 2:59 PM, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
> In message<mailman.843.1289438674.2218.python-list at python.org>, Tim Chase
> wrote:
>
>> Amusingly, as others have noted, you replied with an unobfuscated
>> email address.
> This
> <http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2010-November/1260153.html>
> would seem to be an independent, true record of what members of python-list
> would see of my posting, would it not? You would agree that it shows my e-
> mail address as obfuscated, would you not? So if you claim to be seeing an
> unobfuscated e-mail address for my posting on python-list, you would be
> lying, would you not?

On the link you specify, your email address has the word 'at' in it.

I subscribe to this list by email, in digest form.  And your email
address here has a real "@" in it.  Don't be so free to call people
liars when they're reporting what they actually see.

If you get this message directly, you can look at the TO: list.  I just
did a reply-all without editing anything.

DaveA