How to test if a module exists?

MRAB python at
Thu Nov 11 22:23:08 CET 2010

> In message<mailman.843.1289438674.2218.python-list at>, Tim Chase
> wrote:
>> Amusingly, as others have noted, you replied with an unobfuscated
>> email address.
> This
> <>
> would seem to be an independent, true record of what members of python-list
> would see of my posting, would it not? You would agree that it shows my e-
> mail address as obfuscated, would you not? So if you claim to be seeing an
> unobfuscated e-mail address for my posting on python-list, you would be
> lying, would you not?

Lawrence, I receive posts from this list via email and I can tell you
that the post referred to above arrived in my inbox with an
unobfuscated email address, so what both you and I see in that webpage
is not necessarily the same as what arrives by email.

Looking back I can tell you that your post (give or take an hour for
DST) at 3 Nov 2010 07:52 "Re: functions, list, default parameters" was
the last to arrive with an obfuscated address; the next one at 3 Nov
2010 22:40 "Re: Allowing comments after the line continuation
backslash" and _all_ the subsequent ones arrived with an _unobfuscated_
email address.