How to test if a module exists?

Tim Chase python.list at tim.thechases.com
Thu Nov 11 20:32:19 EST 2010

> As for those who persisted in posting my address after being
> warned of this, I’m still deciding what to do.

I've got a hint:

1) You can pursue it with various ISPs.  If you choose the
latter, I can fairly confidently say that any provider, upon
reviewing the emails in question & seeing that your own posts hit
the web unobfuscated, will laugh at you and consider your
complaints a blathering annoyance spawned by your ineptitude.
Mine did when you griped to them.  They'll do it again.

2) you can take the advice of just about everybody in this thread
and surrender the issue, finding better ways to deal with it than
publicly displaying your nincompoopery.  Several constructive
suggestions have been given, and I'll add a few:  find a better
spam filter (I use Thunderbird's); use list-specific mailing
addresses; use a truly obfuscated email such as
"nobody at nowhere.invalid"; read via a spam-filtering source (gmane
did a pretty good job until fairly recently); use a white-list
for senders you actually care to read (I suspect I won't make the
cut...no skin off my back).

-tkc