How to test if a module exists?

Seebs usenet-nospam at
Fri Nov 12 00:41:44 CET 2010

On 2010-11-11, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <ldo at geek-central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:
> In message <mailman.894.1289510633.2218.python-list at>, MRAB wrote:
>> ... the next one at 3 Nov 2010 22:40 "Re: Allowing comments after the line
>> continuation backslash" and _all_ the subsequent ones arrived with an
>> _unobfuscated_ email address.

> You mean from this one on

Just as a data point:

I'm using comp.lang.python via NNTP from Megabitz, reader is SLRN, and
I still see ".gen.new_zealand".  Sounds to me like some source may be
"helpfully fixing" the address as it forwards things.

Copyright 2010, all wrongs reversed.  Peter Seebach / usenet-nospam at <-- lawsuits, religion, and funny pictures <-- get educated!